Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pirates!

After watching the newest Pirates of the Caribbean movie I got to thinking about pirate history...

After just a quick search I learned something that should have been fairly obvious.

Pirates did not actually look like Captain Jack Sparrow...wait?!?!  What?!?  o.O

Ok, all joking aside.  I didn't really believe that historical pirates dressed like the Hollywood version of pirates...but it is really fun for the movies.  *Side note- I was the theatre costumer in college so I was loving that aspect of the film* 

I did a google search and found this website.  After a quick look around it seems like it has some pretty good info.  It's 11:30 p.m. and I need to head to bed...so when it's day time I'll be reading up more about pirates and what they really wore...and other pirate-y things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment