Friday, July 29, 2011

History of Silver Dollar City

I mentioned my love for Silver Dollar City in my blog introduction.  I was fortunate enough to get to go several times a year from 1996 to 2009 (except 1 year).  I think it's safe to say Silver Dollar City was the first love of my life!

If it wasn't for SDC I would have zero interest in music.  I would not be as interested in photography.  Nor would I have as much love for history.  In other words Silver Dollar City has made me who I am

Today I was looking up some info about Disneyland which lead into some research pertaining to SDC and I came across THIS page.  It's a great timeline detailing the history of not only SDC but of the land it sits on...all the way back to the Osage tribe.  It's really neat to see how much the park has changed, even in just the 15 years I've known it. 


Silver Dollar City calls it's employees citizens.  I'd like to think that I'm an honorary citizen of the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment